KENT LEAVITT, MD
Dr. Kent Leavitt has served Seattle’s vision care needs since 1991. His commitment and experience has earned him a reputation for the pursuit of excellence and for providing satisfaction beyond his patients’ expectations.
Dr. Leavitt is skilled in LASIK as well as alternative vision correction technologies such as ICL, premium cataract surgery and lens replacement, corneal transplant surgery and surgical treatment of eye diseases.
- Performed over 20,000 LASIK procedures.
- First ophthalmologist in the region to perform IntraLase™ bladeless and Custom iDesign laser vision correction surgery.
- Has had LASIK surgery himself.
- Rejects 10% of applicants for LASIK, recommending and providing alternate vision care for the majority of those patients.
- Frequently treats cases referred by other LASIK surgeons and has a well-founded reputation among his peers as a leading eye surgeon in the Pacific Northwest.
TRAINING & BEYOND
Dr. Leavitt received his medical degree at the University of Michigan Medical School. He completed his ophthalmology residency and corneal fellowship at the prestigious Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. Following his Fellowship he was asked to continue on as faculty. Dr. Leavitt has served as a clinical instructor, investigator and consultant to several medical organizations and institutions including the FDA. He has been involved in research, teaching and lecturing other doctors and writing articles for Ophthalmology journals.
“I had my LASIK surgery in February this year and my sight is amazing! My entire experience from the first phone call to my follow-up appointment was absolutely fantastic! Your staff is wonderful. Special thanks to Dr. Leavitt who made me feel very confident that everything would go smoothly with my surgery. I had waited two years to have LASIK, mostly due to nerves and I wish I had not waited. Not having to wear glasses or worry about contacts is really nice and my vision is better than before. LASIK is truly life changing.” – Mari