Meet Our Doctors
“I had my LASIK surgery in February this year and my sight is amazing! My entire experience from the first phone call to my follow-up appointment was absolutely fantastic! Your staff is wonderful. Special thanks to Dr. Leavitt who made me feel very confident that everything would go smoothly with my surgery. I had waited two years to have LASIK, mostly due to nerves and I wish I had not waited. Not having to wear glasses or worry about contacts is really nice and my vision is better than before. LASIK is truly life changing.” – Mari M.
Dr. Leavitt has served Seattle’s vision care needs since 1991. He has been involved in research, teaching and lecturing other doctors, and writing articles for Ophthalmology journals.
- With over 20 years experience as a Refractive Surgeon, Dr. Leavitt has performed over 17,000 LASIK procedures and is skilled in alternative vision correction technologies such as ICL, premium cataract surgery, and lens replacement, corneal transplant surgery and surgical treatment of eye diseases.
- Dr. Leavitt was the first ophthalmologist in the region to perform Intralase™ bladeless and Custom Wavefront guided laser vision correction surgery.
- Dr. Leavitt trained at the University of Michigan Medical School and the prestigious Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. He has served as a clinical instructor, investigator, and consultant to several medical organizations and institutions including the FDA.
- Dr. Leavitt has had LASIK surgery himself.
- LASIK is not for everyone and on average Dr. Leavitt rejects 10% of applicants for LASIK, recommending and providing alternate vision care for the majority of those patients.
- Bellevue LASIK & Cornea, unlike LASIK centers that perform ‘only LASIK’, can and does provide full vision care to ensure that you receive the correct treatment for your unique pair of eyes.
- Dr. Leavitt frequently treats cases referred by other LASIK surgeons and has a well-founded reputation among his peers as a leading eye surgeon in the Pacific Northwest.
- His commitment and experience has earned him a reputation for the pursuit of excellence and for providing satisfaction beyond his patients’ expectations.
Christina Farag, OD
- Dr. Farag specializes in refractive patient’s preoperative and post-operative care.
- Dr. Farag has been on the Bellevue LASIK & Cornea team since 2004.
- She received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Alberta, and completed her Doctorate at the New England College of Optometry.
- Dr. Farag has had LASIK surgery herself.
- Dr. Farag has been involved in multiple studies including Conductive Keratoplasty & Intralase™.
- Dr. Farag completed her post doctorate fellowship at Durrie Vision, a large refractive and research institute in Kansas City.